Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Simple Music Theory

 Posted by Hello

I thought you might be interested in a little history. This is the original worksheet where I designed my first pentographic music relationship. This very simple diagram embodies all of the relationships of music theory.

This isn't the first diagram I ever made but it is close. I experimented with this and my guitar and had a lot of fun composing melodies. This was around February of 2003 so I guess I developed this music diagram method in summer and fall of 2004 though I had tried to find a way to represent music theory relationships since the 1970's. It just took a while.

A side note the compass here I inherited from my dad. It's a nice instrument that he used in his math and science courses at Clemson University in the 1950's and 60's.

This is a different original music theory diagram. This may be the third digram created around the middle of 2002. Posted by Hello

No comments: