Friday, March 04, 2005

Software Systems Development

I was reviewing some of my writings (and some of my best is in various Resumes I've created over the years.) This paragraph I think is worth repeating since I'm so frustrated in system bugs in everthing from toasters to passenger jets where the tails fall off in a strong cross wind.

I quote;

... implementing systems which are easy to maintain, follow industry standards, and are provably correct.

It is possible to design, plan, and build high quality software quickly with very few flaws. This is accomplished by developing a system iteratively in very close cooperation with the end users of the system. Such systems do not appear out of thin air they are built, rebuilt, and tested until they are correct.

unquote

I like this line. So many people just stare when it is suggested that a system can be created without errors.

No comments: